In an effort to let you get to know me a lot better, I thought that I would share my 2016 resolutions. I believe you can get to know someone really well be the nature of their goals, especially the existence of them.
I have two “words” for 2016 (since everyone is on this word bandwagon). I couldn’t just pick one, and I decided that I can do what I want, they’re my resolutions right?
Last year I felt like I was trying to do too many things at once, and towards the end of the year it really showed. This year I want to focus more!
- Literally focus better: I feel like my attention span is non-existent, and I need to really change my habits now that I’m working full time. I plan on meditating, making myself focus on a task for a certain amount of time, and actively placing my phone out of reach
- Focus on my relationships: This yeah I have two huge transitions: one being the transition from full-time student to full-time worker, and two being transition from long-distance to in-person with my fiance. I want to focus on people whom I trust and love, as well as focus on building relationships with my new family, co-workers and new friends in Boston.
- Focus on listening, and thinking before speaking: I need to learn how to listen better, as well as watch what I say before it comes out of my mouth. I’m known for being quick witted, but it definitely has hurt some of my relationships this past year. So I’m going to be a better sister, fiance, friend, daughter and professional by focusing on the process that happens before I open my big mouth.
Now that my schedule doesn’t revolve around coursework, the sorority or multiple jobs I am really looking into developing my habits. I want these habits to help me become a better worker, and help me establish a healthy lifestyle!
- Eating intentionally: In college I bought what was cheap and easy, which meant a lot of ramen and cereal. Now that I have time to cook and meal plan, I want to intentionally fuel my body with nutrients that will keep me full and energized!
- Starting the day right: I am actually a morning person, yet the people in my life (i.e. my fiance Matt and my roommate Jen) are most definitely night owls. I want to establish a bedtime routine that will help me get up early enough to get to work refreshed, focused and ready to start my day.
- Making my body stronger: Trust me, I’m the first one to admit that physically I’m pretty weak. I hope to change this by focusing on strength training regularly, as well as doing cardio to increase my stamina. (This will also include the occasional lazy days, because life’s about balance)
- Spend my money intentionally: Like the first “mini-goal” under this word, I didn’t keep very good track of my spending in college. But with a big cross-country move and student loan payments on the horizon, I’m going to stick to a budget and spend a little more by saving!
Are some of my goals a little lofty? Maybe. But I’m taking little bits of them, in hopes that by Christmastime next year I can say that I achieved nearly 60% of them.
What are your goals/resolutions for 2016? If you have a post on them, please leave in the comments below!
So my bloglovin link is having a bit of a problem, so here is how you follow along everyday! Just click here 🙂 (#Newwebsiteprobs)