Who doesn’t love creeping on what other people eat in a day? I personally eat this stuff up, so I wanted to share with you what I eat in a day!
Here are a couple of disclaimers:
- I have to eat like every 2-3 hours normally. My appetite actually varies quite a bit during the weeks of the month, and I’m trying to get better at eating only when I’m hungry
- Matt and I pretty much pack food everyday to save money. Also we tend to eat the same three or four thing for dinner to save money, meaning that I don’t eat as much shrimp or seafood as I did when I was just making dinner for myself.
- I drink a ton of water, and try to have snacks with protein in order to stay fuller longer.
- This meal plan is not approved by any medical professional. It changes, and is what makes me feel healthy and happy. It may not be the best for you!
- This is NOT a diet plan. I eat “healthy” 80% of the time and like to indulge 20% of the time. It’s all about balance, not equality.
6:00 am — As much water out of my 32 ounce Nalgene that I can muster before whatever workout I plan to do that morning.
After my workout, I try to finish the rest of my Nalgene before I eat!
7:45 am — Two fried eggs, sautéed kale and sometimes a piece of toast with peanut butter. Additionally, I have my first cup of coffee with two scoops of raw sugar.
9:00 am — I have my second cup of coffee once I get to work.
10:30ish am — Snack time! This is normally a handful of almonds, peppers with hummus, or apples and peanut butter!
*Hopefully I’ve had a full water bottle before I left for work, and another one at work before lunch.
12:30-1:00ish pm — Lunch time is usually a spinach salad with grape tomatoes, avocado, chicken and balsamic dressing.
3:00ish pm — Second snack time (otherwise #hangry) is really similar to my morning snack: a handful of almonds, peppers with hummus, or apples and peanut butter!
* I try to not drink coffee in the afternoon, and am hoping to be done with my third water bottle of the day by the time I’m done at work!
7:00 pm — By the time Matt and I both get home from work, change, and start dinner we eat around 7. Right now we’re really into grilling, which means lots of lemon pepper chicken, hamburgers, and brats (all without buns!). We also really like to make kale chips (recipe below) and grill bell peppers, onions and tomatoes.
We also normally have a glass of whiskey on the rocks with seltzer water or a glass of wine with dinner. While this may not be the healthiest, we love trying new whiskeys and wines together!
8:30-9:00— Sometimes I’m still a little hungry so I’ll make some popcorn on the stove or have some ice cream with Matt on the couch. It’s becoming a bit of a bad habit so I know that I should stop doing that soon! In the summer it’s so hard to resist a cold treat!
10:30-11:00 pm — I go to bed with a big bottle of water, for if I wake up in the middle of the night with the thirst of someone who was walking the desert for 30 days. Also so that it’s there when I wake up in the morning.
Snacks We Always Have on Hand
Fruit like apples, cherries, raspberries and watermelon
Veggies like peppers, cherry tomatoes, spinach and kale
Granola bars, normally what is ever on sale at Costco (probably not the best strategy but oh well)
Peanut Butter (Our favorite is Teddy’s Creamy Peanut Butter)
Chia Seeds with Coconut Beverage and Honey
What does your day in food look like? Anything you love to have?
Kale Chip Recipe:
2-3 Cups of Kale (they shrink!)
1 T of EVOO (extra virgin olive oil)
1-2 t of salt
1-2 t of pepper
1-2 t of garlic powder (optional)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees
- Throw kale into a bowl, first add the EVOO and all of your spices
- Spray a baking sheet
- Spread the kale evenly onto the baking sheet and put in the oven!
- Bake for about 10 minutes or until crispy!