Y’all it’s been almost 3 weeks since my bridal shower and it actually makes me pretty sad because it was such a fun day. My maid of honor blew it out of the park, and made a “no gift opening” shower really fun!
I’ve had a couple questions about how we did a “no gift opening” bridal shower. Since we were flying to and from our shower, and didn’t have the money to ship everything we got at the shower, we just couldn’t do the traditional shower. I had a large one, as it was both of our families, plus some of my sorority sisters and friends!
“No Gift Opening” Bridal Shower
*Someone asked if this would work for a baby shower. I think it might, but I think at a baby shower there are less mundane items (like bath towels) being opening, and more fun things like clothes and toys! Also people love to spoil babies. I go overboard every time.
Here are some ways that we made the “no gift-opening” at our shower work!
- We only registered at places that had free shipping
- REI –(this was all Matt, and I’m excited to see what we get!)
- On the shower invite, my maid of honor put “Since the couple will be flying to and from the wedding, please consider shipping gifts to their home in Boston” Then included our address
- We talked over our reasons with our moms, aunts, and cousins so they were able to explain it to other family members and family friends who may not understand.
- I worked it out with my MOH that we would do group games instead of opening gifts, which people really enjoyed.
No one was seriously upset about no gift opening at a shower. In fact a lot of people had so much fun they forgot that we didn’t open gifts! There were a few people who missed opening gifts, but no one thought it was a major etiquette faux pas.
Here are some great photos that one of my bridesmaids Sam took during the bridal shower!
It was honestly the best shower I could have asked for. Matt and I are surrounded by amazing women, and to be able to celebrate Matt and I with all of them was a big blessing!
Have you been to a bridal shower lately?
Here are links to the pins that my MOH used for the games!
For more wedding fun: