Who loves the idea of being a master chef but isn’t quite there yet? Same. Matt and I love to cook together and cook fairly healthy. However some days I just really really really want chicken tenders. A couple of years ago I found a really great recipe for healthy chicken tenders and I was sold. I slowly made the recipe my own, and wanted to share it with you. It’s a staple in our apartment when we want healthy-ish comfort food!
Gluten Free Chicken Tenders
Makes enough for 2-3 people, depending on how much you eat 😉
2 chicken breasts
1/4 Cup of Almond Meal
1 teaspoon of Paprika
1/4 teaspoon of Turmeric
1 teaspoon of Garlic Powder
1 teaspoon of Cumin
1 teaspoon of Salt
1 teaspoon of Pepper
1. Heat oven to 400 degrees
2. Grease your baking sheet (I use a little bit of olive oil or canola spray)
3. Cut your chicken breasts into thin about 1/2 inch strips
4. Combine all of the dry ingredients into a bowl or glass pan
5. Whisk your eggs together in another glass pan
6. Pat your chicken tenders dry with a paper towel
7. Coat your chicken in egg
8. Coat your chicken in the dry ingredients
9. Repeat until all of the strips are covered and on your baking sheet
10. Pop in the oven for 20 minutes
11. Take out, let cool for 2-3 minutes.
12. Serve with your favorite condiment! We love Trader Joe’s Sriracha & Garlic BBQ or Kentucky Bourbon BBQ. But you can’t go wrong with Sweet Baby Ray’s.
If you’re looking for a really good side, try these super easy kale chips! What else do you like to cook? If you have an recipe posts, leave them in the comments below for me to try, and then I’ll let you know on Twitter/Instagram how it went!
PS This was my first real food post, so thanks for hanging in there with the photos. I hope the recipe is easy to follow!