The weather outside has been downright freezing across the country. I rarely leave my house without four different layers on, so I was really excited when Havenly invited me to share a hot chocolate bar. It’s my favorite way to warm up in the winter, and I can distinctly remember when my dad would grab a thermos of hot coffee, I used to get a thermos of hot chocolate!
I thought the perfect place to set up our hot chocolate bar would be on our bar cart! It’s a piece we get comments on all the time, and I was excited to transform it to this.
Hot Chocolate Bar
Hot Chocolate Bar Cart Essentials
What are my essentials for a hot chocolate bar? It’s actually pretty easy to whip up! I made a quick trip to CVS and the liquor store in order to grab everything we needed.
- Marshmallows – these are KEY. I absolutely love marshmallows, and they are my first pick for a topping.
- Peppermint sticks – chocolate and peppermint are such classic flavor profile, and the candy canes make cute drink accessories.
- Caramels – after only finding sugar free ones, I decided to try it. It actually turned out great! Caramel and chocolate is another classic.
- Chocolate chips – why not make it as chocolatey as possible?
- Dr. McGillicuddy’s – this adds a great peppermint flavor with a boozy twist, bonus tips if you remember to put it in the freezer as soon as you buy it.
Make It Easier
- Use a Keurig! It gives the perfect amount of liquid each time, and you don’t need to worry about anything other than making sure the tank is full. The cups aren’t too expensive, and it’s a really easy hostess hack. Here I only have peppermint hot chocolate, but you can get multiple different flavors to try!
- Get individual packing on candy. It’s flu season, so try to stay as sanitary as possible and make sure people aren’t spreading all their germs.
- Get small sizes of liquor. This keeps the booze flowing steadily, and is a really cute way to set up your station.
If you wanted to set up your own bar cart that can double as a hot chocolate bar, I highly suggest Havenly’s design services! I’m horrid at interior design, and if it weren’t for Pinterest and my mom I don’t know what I’d do. Havenly makes it so much easier and doesn’t make you rely on your mom for everythin, their design services are really helpful!
Have you ever put a hot chocolate bar together? What are your favorite toppings? Any cute suggestions?
Like this? Make sure to check these out: